Friday, July 25, 2008

Last Day of VBS

Kelton has spent the week going to vacation bible school and he has loved it! He really wishes it would go on and on and on and you know, I do to. Not because he was gone all day - far from that because I missed that little guy - but because he loved it and I found it to be a nice way to start and end a day.

Yesterday when I picked him up he looked like this:


All the kids look similar. They painted their faces to reflect the fact they are all in a tribe together. The tribe of God and the tribe of the world. Unity. A sense of belonging. Always good things.

We returned to the church later for an ice cream social and a little program of singing and being together. It was really nice and, as Dakota mentioned, way nicer than anything put on my Kelton's school this year. :)

Kelton didn't want to get up and sing with the rest of the campers but that didn't stop him from singing' he just sang from his seat. :)




It's been a really great experience and it's been a great jumping off place for some good (and sometimes intense and thought provoking) conversations at home. Kelton can't wait for next summer and neither can Kaylen. She decided that she doesn't want to be left out next year so she already put in her request to attend. (To be fair, she was given the option this year. She opted to stay with me instead.)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad he liked it. Athena loved the one she went to as well. She went to two, actually, but they were the same theme -- the first was at a Friends church up here, and one was at a much more conservative church near my parents' house. She came home from the second one singing all sorts of songs about Jesus' blood. I was raised with that but have been away long enough that it is jarring to me!

Anyway, I am glad we are jumping into another life stage together this fall -- kids in all-day school. We can cry about it together.

Mimi said...

Your daughter will love it...my granddaughter just went to her first vbs herself....and she loved it....she's 2 1/2...so next year both of your little ones will have a ball..

Kristen said...

Casey, If they are both going next summer, you better start preparing yourself NOW for all that wonderful, kid free time you'll have on your hands.

Sheri said...

Sounds like a really great program! Between your blog and Brenda's ... I'm still shocked that I didn't even know there was a VBS happening.

Monogram Queen said...

In some ways i'll be glad when my girl is a little more grown up to appreciate stuff like VBS but in some ways not!..

Glad Kelton loved it.

Stacey said...

glad he liked it. sounds like it was a good camp for him.