Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Day...

It's been another jam-packed, whirlwind day but I am just too darn tired to tell you about it. I'd like to say I'd post in the morning but we'll be off and running early once again. Hopefully I'll be home for a bit in the afternoon and can post something more than a lame excuse as to why I'm not posting.

I will leave you with this tidbit though....my daughter has given up her hatred of the car seat and has seemingly resigned herself. She will even, on occasion, complain the straps are not "tight enough". Yeah, I know. You could knock me over with a feather too. That was a long year (plus) of car seat hell.

I'm not sure her new obsession is any better. In fact, it's making life incredibly difficult at times. It's her under.pants. She hates them. Not a mild dislike oh no...it's hatred through and through. She will scream like a child possessed at times and it's gotten to be quite ridiculous. Yesterday she was having a fit and a half over finding a pair that met her approval and I was about to go insane. I had long since left her in her room saying "Well - you have to wear a pair so find something you can deal with, finish getting dressed and then come find me." I could hear her screaming "I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!" over and over. Finally I said "Who exactly are you talking to?" her reply? "MY UNDER.WEAR!!"

Ok then.

She did finally put on a pair. Backwards. And then went on to say "I'm wearing them backwards and you can't make me change it!"

Guess she showed me.

This girl is something else.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

OMG, wearing close backwards is the ultimate preschool rebellion movement. Robbie does it all the time. He even wants to wear his shoes on the wrong feet.

Stacey said...

oh my. lol. kids can be quite fun sometimes. at least she finally put a pair on. she's the one who will have to deal with the wedgies from wearing them backwards. ;)

A Jersey Girl said...

Casey,
So funny! My girls did this to me a few months ago, but they went out without them on!

That was the last time I didn't check for undies:)

Emily

Froggymama said...

Oh boy. She and Froggy could be sisters.

Froggy will not wear pajamas anymore. She HATES them. Yes, it represents bedtime, I get it. But geeeeeez! So I've stopped calling them pajamas. Now, I say, 'these aren't pj's, these are just outfits.' So far, it's working.