Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Books, Books and More Books

Nine books. Yes my friends, that is how many books I have read so far this summer. Nine. And I am ready to start book number ten.

Considering I haven't read a total of nine books in the past...oh I don't know....at least six and a half years I think that is pretty impressive.

I love reading. Love it! I adore escaping into new and exciting worlds. But once the kids come along there just wasn't time or energy. I read a couple here and there but I would struggle to get through them and then wonder what happened to my passion for reading. Well fear not - it has been rediscovered! Now that the kids are getting older and are able to self-entertain better, it's easier to find time to read. Mostly I read on the weekends because finding time during the week is difficult at best. But the summer weekend bring less expectations for getting everything that needs to be done, and more time for just hanging out on the patio reading. Don't get me wrong, we have a long To Do list for summer things but the lure of the books is hard for us to ignore. We are both enjoying out leisure reading time.

There is nothing like escaping into a good book. I mean, it's not like I'm taking away from, oh I don't know, finding an acne cure. The laundry, cleaning and yard work; yes. But that can wait until Monday. :)

3 comments:

Perrin said...

Do tell..have you read anything good. I haven't left comments lately but I'm always impressed with how much fun you have with your kids. The camping is awesome.

Monogram Queen said...

I bet I read nine in two weeks LOL Seriously. My addiction. Madison & Stacy are used to seeing me curled up in my chair with a book in hand every evening. I guess I really should get outside more... though I do sit on the swing and read too sometimes! Lately i've caught Mad curled up in her new big girl bed with a book. I love it!

PT-LawMom said...

I love it, too. You are so lucky! I have a hard enough time reading with one kid. How you do it with two I don't know!