Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sad Little Girl

After a rough night of sleep last night (for both Kaylen and Mommy) Kaylen awoke at 5:19am not feeling the least bit good. At 8:00, I was just returning to the living room with a cup of (much needed) coffee and I found this:




Oh yes - a sleeping girl in the middle of the floor. Sad. It became crystal clear that there would be no dress up games today - the ostrich feathers from her boa would not be scattered all over the house today. Instead there would be a doctor visit.

A friend offered oh so generously to take Kelton to the Indiana Jones event at our local library (something I had really wanted to take him to today and I had to admit, I was a little heartbroken that I missed out). Kelton had a fabulous time and brought back many great treasures from games galore. Meanwhile, while fun was being had by the boy, the little sick girl and I were here:




As a rule, I do not rush the kids to the doctors office for every little thing so you know this had to be something of the "uh oh. This is so not good." variety. And it's true, it's not great but it's something we will get through. Hopefully on the "sooner" side rather than the "later" side. It's going to be a long few days and nights though. Wish me luck! And if you wouldn't mind, send good thoughts that no one else develops it. *sigh*

12 comments:

Julie said...

Poor little girl. I sure hope she feels better really soon!!

Kristen said...

what happened? is it a secret illness?

hope the ballerina is dancing again soon

Mimi said...

What a cute little girl....give her a kiss for me......god love her

A Jersey Girl said...

Hope she feels better soon and you all get some good rest.

Emily

Tina said...

Well, if you're feeling cooped up and bored, just give me a call. I'm taking David into the dr. today. We're on day 4 of fevers and today he's got the runs.

Bleach water cleaning will commence as soon as the caffeine IV drip is hooked up.

Dee said...

I hope she feels better soon. Big hugs to both of you!

Monogram Queen said...

Yikes I hope she feels better and that Kelton enjoyed his Indiana Jones Adventure.
Sigh sometimes it seems like I am constantly battling something with my little one. I feel for you.

Tanya said...

I hope it's nothing really serious and that she is well again soon. It looks like she's trying so hard to smile. :( Hope you both get some rest.

Audra said...

Poor Kaylen! She looks like quite the trooper though!

Catherine said...

Aw, I hope she feels better soon. And I hope you all get some sleep!

Shannon said...

Aww, poor kid, I hope it's nothing serious and that she's feeling better soon.

Froggymama said...

Poor baby and poor mommy. Those two go hand in hand.

Thinking of you both.