Monday, July 21, 2008

Really???

It's been a really good few days since I last posted and I have stories to tell and photos to share but first - this little gem: a The Tale of the Potty Chair

I know what you're thinking....are you sure you don't mean home theater seating or dining room chairs? Oh no my friend. You read it correctly the first time; potty chair.


I spent 40 minutes this afternoon scrubbing down and cleaning every nook and cranny in our main bathroom (also known as the kids bathroom since well - it's the only bathroom besides the master bath in the house). I was working very hard in there and hit upon the idea of running a dishwasher load full of bath toys, the bath tub no-slip applique things and the pre-cleaned insert for Kaylen's potty chair (yes yes - she could use the big potty but for some reason, she is quite attached to her little one. Whatever. No big deal to me. And extra step for cleaning each and every time she uses it but whatever). It's been a long time since it was run through the dishwasher and I think it's good to sanitize it every now and again. Anyway.....

I took out the insert and put the base of the chair back in its place.

Fast forward an hour.

I go into the bathroom to put all the cleaned items back in their place and I see, in the middle of the empty potty chair, toilet paper. Ummm...weird. "Kaylen?" I ask, "Did you go potty?" "Yes mommy but I used the big potty."

Umm...no. No she didn't. As was evidenced by the HUGE puddle of pee all over my clean and sanitized bathroom floor. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like recleaning a bathroom floor. Fun times, I tell ya. Fun times.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Aaaaahhh!! So sorry to hear you doubled your work on the bathroom floor!!

Sheri said...

Hey! I feel for you. I know that chair ... yep, know all TOO well about cleaning, re-cleaning, and (oh yeah) re-cleaning/sanitizing the bathroom floor. Guess what happens when a little boy decides to pee standing up but has NEVER been taught how. Mind you, he had pretty good aim off the back of th seat ... trouble is, it runs down under that lovely white bow. FUN TIMES!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Madison never used her potty chair. It was a big waste of $

Catherine said...

That happens here too. Robbie will only go on his little potty, and will pee right in the hole, if it is not there. If we are at someone else's house he uses the regular potty!