Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally...An Update

Am I here? Am I really here? I'm afraid to think it might be so but just in case, I'll be cutting and pasting to a Word document every few minutes. You just can't be too careful these days...at least not with the way our internet has been here and gone and here and gone. I haven't had a status update for the "big fix" on which the four Comcast trucks down the street are working but I know they are still there and have been for hours.

I'm actually relieved to know it's a problem outside these four walls because it means it is nothing I have done and nothing that a child has downloaded or done that is causing trouble. Always good to know because I was not sure of that at all at 7AM this morning when I heard "MOM! Come quick! There is something really wrong with the computer and I need your help!" And for the record, I really, really wish he would save that line for *after* my first cup of coffee. I'm just saying. :)

So anyway, where was I? It was Friday night....wow...that was a long time ago now. :)

We did end up camping in the yard for not one, not two but THREE nights. After a fun weekend, Dakota decided on Sunday to stay home Monday and enjoy another family day. That meant we all camped out for three nights (with Sunday night being quite chilly out. Brrrr!). I know some of you requested photos but alas, I didn't take it. I was too busy just "being" in the moments instead of recording them. We have managed to develop a new routine of sorts and start the kids watching a kid movie around 6:30pm in the tent (on the laptop) which is really fun! We don't usually sit around having a family movie night and I think we all are enjoying it. Maybe that is something that will transition to the autumn months as well - Friday movie night. Sounds fun and I know lots of you already do something like that with your kids.

Saturday during the day we went to a Bark-BQ which was basically a dog fair. Vendors, dogs for adoption, swimming for dogs, fun races for dogs, etc. It was fun but I think our favorite part was making friends with all the dogs. :) After that, we made a quick IKEA run (well - if it is ever quick to go to IKEA which I'm not sure it ever is) and then headed home.

Dakota and I got some good reading time in while still juggling the kids and their various needs and desires.

Sunday was both restful and hectic. In the early hours Dakota and I got in more reading time but by 11:00 we were in fast forward motion. Dakota was bathing dogs and I was cleaning the carpets and then we did more cleaning and tons of laundry and well - before we knew it the day was practically over. That's when Dakota decided to stay home for another day. YAY!!!

Monday we decided to head out and go to our local museum of science and industry. It was really fun! We packed a picnic lunch so we could spend our money seeing a show in the planetarium called "The Secrets of the Cardboard Rocket" which the kids really, really loved! We were traveling through space and learning about the planets and I have to say, the kids were mesmerized! We spent a few hours playing around with everything and then headed home.

So - it was a busy (what else is new?) and fun weekend around here.







Natural Hazards Warning and Kelton. Makes sense to us. Hee hee! :)









6 comments:

Brenda said...

You sure are a busy family! GREAT Pictures!!

Melanie said...

Yay for a 3-day weekend! Glad you went to OMSI - Evan loves the "air-blowing-the-paper-cup" thing too! :)

Jen said...

That update was worth the wait! And I'm so glad you got the bonus day tacked onto your weekend. Sometimes the last minute ones are even better than if you've been planning for a 3-day weekend!

Love the pictures!

A Jersey Girl said...

You guys have the best weekends- I need to start "stealing" fun ideas from you.

Emily

Catherine said...

OMG, your kids had such a fun weekend. You packed a couple of weeks of fun into a few days!

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for extra Dakota-time! The museum looks so fun! I want to take Maddie to the State museum here very very soon!