Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What's All The Fuss?

I am going to confess upfront that I am not a techie. Since I've been home with the kids I have become removed from the technological world to a great extent - far greater than is probably good for me since I tend to get incredibly frustrated when I attempt to do something and it becomes crystal clear that I have been left behind in the technology dust. I used to be really good at techie things and there was precious little I didn't "get" when it came to computers and electronic gadgets. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

Take, for instance a MP3 player. What is all the fuss about? I just don't get it. People love them - I get that. I just don't know why or even what they do. I hear "I downloaded 3000 songs onto my MP3" and I think to myself "How in the world will you ever listen to 3000 songs?" But then, I have trouble getting through an entire song on the radio in the car when the kids are with me. Clearly my perception is off. :)

So indulge me...tell me why you love your MP3 (and ummm...it would be great if you tell me what it actually does and what you use yours for, too. *grin*)

5 comments:

Audra said...

I just have a nokia phone that has a mp3 player built into it. Why carry more than one gadget? Dylan has an ipod. She paid a crapload of money for the Harry Potter edition. It's okay, but I don't see spending the extra money. The ipods are pretty user friendly though...

Perrin said...

I am not a techie either....I can't go too far out of a box before I get lost. But I love my IPOD. I never used to listen to it much but for my bday I got a speaker/port thing for it so it is in my kitchen now an I use it when I cook dinner. I love it because I can make playlists on the computer and it easily transfers over. I also love being able to buy one song that I want and not the whole CD. I can come up with a new playlist in just a few minutes and have an entire new set of music to listen too. I personally love it. Also...I am famous for losing and scratching CDs so this solves that.

Monogram Queen said...

Uh I have an iPod (actually the hub and I each got one as stocking stuffers at Christmas) and we STILL don't have them up and running. I wish we did because there are lots of songs i'd like to load and listen to.

Kristen said...

I have an ipod (the oldest version out there, no color screen, no video). I listen to it all day at work. It keeps people from bothering me as much if they see headphones in my ears and also drowns out a lot of the background noise so I can focus on work, or in this case, blogs ;)Most of the time I don't really notice what is playing, but occasionally I'll pick a particular artist to listen to if I'm feeling in the mood. But, we also listen to music at home all the time. We have our ituns on constantly, usually on random, just playing in the background.

One Boys Mom said...

Never had an MP3... buy my last two cell phones have had that cabalility. I finally figured out just HOW cool it is. I can plug my phone into my sound system at school and listen to anything I want in my classroom. I have also connected 2 computer speakers just for this pourpose. Plug and play. It is amazingly cool to have a huge amount of albums to scroll through in one place :)