Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day

Well now - that sucked.

I had to leave my crying and upset child sitting in his room at school. My heart broke into a million tiny pieces. I hate this.

He was so excited all morning long and happily climbed onto the bus at home and off of the bus at school. He posed for photos and then we started walking to his room. As soon as we neared the door he flipped out and ran. We finally talked him into going inside the room but it didn't get any better. He was trying so hard to keep it together but then came time for us to go and he lost it.

I hated having to walk away knowing how upset he was. Yes, I know - he's probably fine (well - fine enough) by now but that doesn't help at all from where I am sitting. I am already dreading tomorrow when I know he will have a fit and not want to go.

This sucks and except for when he was first born and I had to turn him over to the NICU nothing has broken my heart more. My baby is unhappy and I can't help him.

*tears*

Here are some photos taken before the complete melting. He looks so happy, doesn't he?

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I am so sorry that he had a rough start to his first day. I am sure that he is just fine and before you know it he will be crying on the days when there is no school because he loves it so much.

Cute pictures. I love the one where he is still on the bus before the door has opened.

Oh, and once again little Kaylen is adorable. I love the pic of the two of them by the front door and she has the cutest (and biggest) smile on her face.

Audra said...

I hope he realizes how much fun it will be once things get rolling. hopefully he was just overwhelmed with everyone and everything!

Kelton and Kaylen look like the best little siblings! they are adorable holding hands!

Shannon said...

Aww, sorry to hear he was sad. I hope the day went well for him.

Anonymous said...

These are very cute pictures! I love the ones of him getting on the bus and standing on the bus looking out. I'm glad the first day turned out well after all.

Caroline's MG

Stacey said...

awww cute pics. sorry about the meltdown.

Casey said...

Thanks everyone!

Monogram Queen said...

It is a very big step and full of alot of stress for him. I am glad I already know he did fine though. *sigh*

Lynilu said...

When emotions are high, it is easy fr them to flip ... or flop ... at the littlest thing! It'll be alright in the end. I promise!!