Monday, September 17, 2007

Computer Trouble

I have so much to say and so little time right now. My desktop computer seems to have contracted some sort of mondo virus as well as spyware galore and has decided that it must take a much needed holiday. The Geek Squad has been doing their best to bring it back to life. We're moving in on the 21st hour since the first call and well - it's still going through SpySweep after SpySweep and the hours logged talking to the tech center are many. Poor Dakota - she has missed an entire day of work and school trying to get me back online. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate her taking this on. I am worthless when it comes to this type of stuff and if I had needed to do this alone while dealing with the kids and whatnot.

I dug out my laptop and that is how I am coming to you now. Laptops are ok but honestly, I am more of a desktop kinda girl. Give me my mouse, a big keyboard and a nice sized screen and I'm happy. I feel like I'm playing a game on this one though I know if I had to do it for any length of time I would adjust. I remember when I came back from Seattle after using this computer for five weeks - the desktop computer seemed gigantic! I kept asking if Dakota had messed with the settings because the icons were so big. :)

I'm not a person who enjoys change. Have you picked up on that from reading my blog all these months/years? :) :) :)

Hopefully life will return to status quo in the next few hours and than I will be able to post a real update. We actually left the kids for the first time *ever* with a paid, non-family member sitter and went out Saturday night. We had a good time but I'm thinking the kids had a much better time. I'll have to tell you all about it. Let's just say that I love, love, love the sitter and so did the kids as yesterday I kept hearing "Mom, I wish Tweety could come stay with us today." I was thinking to myself "Yeah - I do to." :)

Think good thoughts for my computer. It's unbelievable how much I miss that thing. (Sad really - I feel sort of lost without it.) More soon.

8 comments:

Audra said...

After my last computer crap out, I totally feel you! I was almost starting to worry about you guys after the lack of an update!

And thats great that the kids enjoyed their babysitter time!

Sheri said...

I hope your computer plays nice-nice and comes back to you soon. Comcast took us down this morning for a bit, so I was "hoping" that's all yours was. I'll keep sending happy tech thoughts your way :-)

Casey said...

Audra: Thanks for thinking of us. It's been a long day, that's for sure.

Sheri: After 26 hours and 4 system sweeps that have taken 2 hours 40 minutes each, we are about ready to lose out collective minds. It is getting ugly. Looks like we might be in line for a complete system dump and reload. I'm really not looking forward to that. Yuck. Sometimes I wish I was married to a a computer techie. *sigh*

Sheri said...

Computer techies aren't always available even when you're married to them ... my techie started with a 7:30am conf call, worked until 6pm, was back on a conf call with India at 8:30pm, followed by another call at 9:30pm, and is expecting to work 2 more hours after that to do all the follow-up. Yay, Monday :-(

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I know a GREAT computer guy. He charges $60 per computer. Let me know if you want his number.

Monogram Queen said...

I feel the same way. I do not heart my laptop at all.
Yay for you guys getting a great sitter and going out. I hope your desktop gets well soon!

Lynilu said...

*You* don't like change??? Noooooo.

I like both the desktop and the laptop. Depends on what I'm doing, and I switch back and forth as needed. I suppose it helps that I have a 17" laptop. I looked at the smaller ones and just knew I would hate the compact keyboard. But I understand about the inconvenience of losing what your accustomed to. Holding good, computer-healing thoughts for you!

Casey said...

Nikk: Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to gain a big of sanity back. :)

Patti: We're working on it! Ok - well *we're* not but we have a guy now thanks to Nikk. :)

Lynilu: LOL! I know! Shocking, isn't it? And I thought I hid that fact about me so well. *grin*