Monday, September 03, 2007

A New Water Filter

Oh the simple joys in life. Yesterday we bought a new PUR water filter. You know the kind...you hook them up to kitchen faucets so you can run your tap water through them to get all the nasty chemicals out of the water. I love them and I can't live without them.

Anyway, our old one had been giving us trouble lately. The part that connects to the faucet suddenly started leaking something fierce and in recent days began spraying all over the place when I tried to use it. Dakota tried to tighten it but to no avail. A new one was definitely needed.


When we got the store we noticed a new kind and I was so intrigued. It has flavor cartridges that you can add to flavor your water. What a great idea! I love raspberry flavored water but the cost is hard to justify so this seems like a doable solution. I hemmed and hawed over the cost (about $10 more for the unit plus the cartridges are $10 for two) but then Dakota said those magic words "You know you want to try it!" She was right - I did!


It is so much fun!! You can have either plain, unflavored filter water or, with the mere push of a button, have raspberry flavored filtered water! What an ingenious idea!!

So far, I am really enjoying it. :)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

There is nothing better then a partner that really knows you want something when you aren't sure about spending extra money and says the great words, "go ahead".

Glad you are liking it. I have never been able to get into the whole flavored water thing. For some reason it makes me more thirsty.

Audra said...

we just bought the pitcher style- i love the flavors!

Monogram Queen said...

Ugh I hate water so maybe this is the ticket?