Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Light and Dark

Autumn is in the air and the shorter daylight hours are quickly approaching. I noticed that tonight it was significantly "less light" outside when it was time for the kids to go to bed. I love that! It's always hard to get them to settle down and sleep when the sun is shining, full force, into their room. There is something so cozy about dark evenings. I love that I can pull the blinds around 5pm and enjoy a longer "evening". I know - I'm crazy. But still, I love it.

The fact that the house is getting darker earlier has me thinking (or rethinking...or is that thinking again?) about our home lighting. When the lights are on, some rooms are too bright for me and others are not bright enough. There never seems to be a happy medium. Someday I'll get that all sorted out but for tonight, I'm just going to sit here and be happy for autumn is here and my dark evening hours are stretching out little by little. :)

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Ah i'll be glad when we start getting dark earlier too. The hub won't but I will.