Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm Back!! :)

I know, I know - you barely had time to miss me but believe me, I've missed being on-line. Who knew? :) The Geek Squad couldn't fix the computer stuff (some big virus that I can't recall the name of) so they refunded us our money (YAY!) and. on the advice of a friend, we contact a local computer repair guy who came by the afternoon and picked up the CPU to clean it off and reload everything. For good measure we also asked to have more memory installed. He seems really nice and even hooked up my laptop so that I don't have to walk around the house trying to find an unsecured wireless access from a neighbor. Yes, I know that is totally wrong but there you have it. I just think of it as sharing. :) We used to have a wireless router but it freaked out last year and we disconnected it. We have a new one and once the computer is back up and running we will get it all hooked up.

I am now using my laptop (have I mentioned how thankful I am to have a laptop ti be able to use? I am REALLY thankful!!) and am happy to have internet access. Yippie!!

So where was I before all this computer chaos started? Oh right- the babysitter.

Dakota and I went to see Tret Fure in concert this past Saturday and left the kids with a sitter for the first time ever. It was great!!! The concert was great (of course) and it was nice to catch up a bit with Tret and a few other people we haven't seen in a long time. Mostly though, it was nice to be with Dakota and just be together. Heck - we even were able to hold hands which is something we rarely have time to do these days. It was nice to chat in the car and just be "us". I hardly gave the kids a second thought because I just had this feeling that they were in good hands.

And good hands they were definitely in! We arrived home at 10:30 to utter chaos and such obvious fun! Kaylen was watching Barney and Kelton and the sitter were making Shrinky Dinks. The house was a disaster zone of art projects, science experiments, cooking, playdoh, etc. It seriously looked like they had the best time. Both kids were bubbling over with happiness and it was obvious how much fun they had had.

It wasn't five minutes from the time the sitter walked out the door to the time that both kids were sound asleep. It was sweet and cute and funny. I knew they probably wouldn't go to bed (and the sitter had been warned) though I did half-way expect Kaylen to have crashed before we got home. But nope- they had been going full steam ahead. I'm glad they had so much fun and the few hours of sleep that they missed were easily enough made up.

So - the first babysitter experience was a hit and I plan to schedule another time soon. The kids adored her, she appeared to be having fun and left us with "Call anytime!" You have to love that. :)

8 comments:

Sheri said...

YAY! Happy babysitter dance for you. I'm glad everyone had a fabulous evening! :-)

One Boys Mom said...

Good job on the babysitter thing! Big step, I know :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like a great night for everyone.

Sorry to hear about the computer problems. Something very similar happened to me last year and it sucked.

Anonymous said...

Yay for holding hands and getting out. It's funny how something as simple as holding hands can make an evening great!

I also need to find a sitter and just learn to trust someone with my kids. But boy is it scary! You inspire me.

Heidi

Lynilu said...

Big events in your house, indeed! First babysitter date can be unnerving, but also very healing for the adults involved!! Enjoy your new freedom. And I hope your new computer guy does magic for you!

Monogram Queen said...

Awesome! A good sitter is like gold

Gandksmom said...

OOOH! Tret! I love her music! So glad you had a nice evening out!
Wendy

Casey said...

Sheri: Me, too! :)

Declan's Mom: It was a big step but it actually felt ok. I really had a lot of faith in the sitter as she is the daughter of Kelton's day camp teacher and I had met her at day camp. I just really lucked out! :)

Shannon: Sucked is right! Sorry you experienced this nightmare too. No fun!

Heidi: Totally scary but a lot less when you have someone like I had. She is in college and the daughter of a kindergarten teacher. There is no way I could hav eleft them with someone under the age of 17. I used to babysit when I was 12 and now I have to wonder what those parents where thinking???? I was way, way too young!!! :) Here's hoping you find someone amazing!

Lynilu: Thanks!! :)

Patti: Amen!! :)

gandksmom: I didn't realize you knew of Tret. Yay! She is amazing and we are fortunate to know her. :)