Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How Is It Possible?


Will someone please explain to me how, in 10 days, my baby girl will turn two? TWO! How is that possible?

It seems like just two weeks I had my ultrasound and confirmed my instincts that we were having a girl:


And just last week I swear I was having pregnancy photos taken with my little 2.5 year old son:


A couple of days ago she was born:


A day ago they took away all her machines and tubes and I got to hold her as much as I wanted:


And yesterday that we came home from the hospital:


So tell me - how is it possible that she will be turning two in 10 days? Not possible. It's just not possible. And don't even get me started on the fact that in two months my first baby will be turning five. FIVE? I'm thinking that there must be a time stealing gremlin lurking around my house. I refuse to believe they are growing up. I flat out refuse to believe it.

It's a good thing she is small, loves to snuggle and basically has the nighttime sleep patterns of a newborn. I can still live in my land of denial for a while longer.

6 comments:

Froggymama said...

I know, time goes by so fast. We were totally wrong on our ultrasound. We were SURE we were having a boy, but completely delighted when our little 'he' was a 'she'. Your little one sure is gorgeous.

Shannon said...

Time does fly. I loved all the photos!

Mystic said...

You have such an amazing family! I hope to have a family of my own someday. :)

Hugs!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: Wow! I've heard of people who had the wrong info at the US but I have never known any. That must have been one heck of a surprise! :)

Shannon: Thanks!

Mystic: Thank you so much. I hope you do as well.

Seasonalkat: Gosh - thanks! Shortly after that picture (about three weks from delivery) I got HUGE. Serisouly huge. I didn't feel so gorgeous then but I loved being pregnant - all the way through. I wish I could be pregnant over and over again...only I know that I can't handle having any more kidds. :) Thank you for your kind words.

Caroline said...

I loved this post. I loved how we went from the sonogram to when she was born. Very cool. She is such a sweetie and so cute.

Happy early birthday Kaylen.

Casey said...

Caroline:
Thank you. :) I think so too. Now I'm trying to fogire out a cool post to do for her birthday. Hmmm..the mind reels with possibilities. :)