Sunday, January 14, 2007

A New Semester

The new semester starts tomorrow for Dakota. Wish us all luck.

The big challenge will be making sure we keep the lines of communication open which is going to be a bit tougher than last semester. Last time she was home by 8:30 three out of four school nights. This time she won't be home until 10 or 10:30 four nights out of four. Ugh.

It was so nice last semester to have the kids in bed when she walked in so we could talk, catch up and then just hang out together until bedtime. It was *almost* like she wasn't in school at all in regards to being able to be together. That becomes much more challenging when she walks in the door as I am ready to tumble into bed and as she is more than ready to do the same.

But - it's only 16 weeks. Sixteen weeks and then she will be on summer vacation and we will have successfully navigated our way through one half of the 4 year program. Now there is a reason to celebrate if ever there was one.

Hang on tight...............here we go!

6 comments:

em1__mak2 said...

It's very wise of you to think of it as just a small chunk of time in an otherwise big picture.

May the force be with you.

mel

Caroline said...

It doesn't seem so long when you say it's just 16 weeks. I know all of you are going to miss her. Hang in there..all our blogger friends are here to help you get through this semester.

Brenda said...

Take a deep breath! You will make out just fine.

16 weeks...you should put a ticker on your blog to count it down. It will go quicker then you think. Then you'll have the summer together! ;o)

Casey said...

MandM: Thanks! Best of luck with your final semester!

Caroline: D thinks it sounds better to say "4 months". I disagree. A month feels LONG...weeks are much more easily digested. And thanks for the support. I don't know what I'd do without all my on-line buddies.

Brenda: I would that I could but I have no idea how. Maybe my helpful blog-guru could help? Is A home today? I'd love to touch base this afternoon. I'll give a call.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I'm right there with you - K starts back this week too. She was home late 4 nights a week last sememster and this semester is looking the same. Hmmm...4 months and 16 weeks both sound really long to me - back to denial for 2 more nights, lol.
Jenn

Casey said...

Jenn: Here's hoping the weeks fly by for both of us! :)