Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thanks Rick!


Thanks to Dakota's office mate, Rick, we have located and purchased the a/c compressor (and the part the repair facility forgot to tell us we needed) for half the price we were quoted yesterday. And yes, it's a new part. The downside is we'll have to wait for it to be shipped to us and then we have to take it to Mieneke ourselves. The company wasn't able to ship it to an address unless it matched the credit card. The credit card Mieneke had has their corporate address which was no help at all. So...the parts should be here sometime Friday and, with luck, I'll have my car back Saturday afternoon.

Oh - and they did a brake inspection. I had them inspected about 6 months ago and they figured they were good for another year. Turns out, not the case. So for a mere $125 I'll also be getting front brakes. The funny thing is, after all the big numbers we've been throwing around the past 24 hours, $125 feels like nothing. Sad.

Dakota mom is going to bring her car over tomorrow evening so that D can drive it to work and school Thursday and I can drive Dakota's car so that Kelton doesn't miss another of his gymnastics classes. I mean sheesh...we paid for him to go eight times. It would be nice if he went at least six.

It's still a lot of money but at least it's much better than it was yesterday at this time.

THANKS RICK!!!!

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh YAY for this!

Shannon said...

Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous that you are getting a front brake job for under 200 bucks! we just got the brakes replaced on my car 4 months ago and it was OVER 600. Rip off? Or cost of living?
Who knows. I want YOUR brake job though. The way I drive, I'll inevitably need one again in a year or two. *grin*
hugs to you
rae

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I am thrilled that the garage is working with you on this and would suggest to everybody to check on prices when getting quotes (call me if you need assistance in looking for parts, etc.)Tell your friends about this repair facility and encourage them to use them (the garage will appreciate it).
Hi to the Kids

Rick

Caroline said...

That is wonderful news. Yea for Rick!!!

Casey said...

Thanks, everyone. Especially you, Rick. I will definitely call on your expertise in the future. :)

Laura said...

That's great!!!