Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Miss My Car

It's sad really but I am missing my car terribly right now. We are on day 3 of being house bound and the kids and I are going bonkers. Sure, I could dig out the stroller, or go without one, and go for a good ol' fashioned walk but it's cold out there and I don't feel like repeating 50 million times "Kelton, stay with us. Kelton stay on the sidewalk. Kelton stop bugging your sister." I suppose I'll use that for my last resort later this afternoon if push comes to shove (and I mean that literally. Kelton has been pushing Kaylen lately. *sigh* We're working on always using kind hands when you touch someone.)

It's not so much that we go someplace every day - it's the idea that we *can*. Without the car, we can't. End of story. What would we do if we had the car? Nothing exciting...it's just that we could use a few grocery things - not like we'll die without them but they would be nice to have. Kelton already missed one gymnastics class this week and while it's not a huge outing, it is something. I could have maybe set up a playdate - though maybe not since we all seem to be coming down with colds (which I will take over the stomach viruses that has plagued us this winter). Like I said - nothing earth shattering and in truth, we might still have gone nowhere for Monday and today (gymnastics is Tues/Thurs) it's just the cold hard truth that we can't. I don't enjoy having my choices limited.

And besides....we are all going bonkers with no other interactions. Speaking with another adult would be great and yes, even if that adult is the clerk at Safeway.

I'm really looking forward to having Dakota's car to use. And hey - if Dakota's mom brings over her car early enough this evening, I just may toss the extra carseats in the car and hit the drive-thru at McDonalds. Probably not since I am not a fan of driving other people's vehicles but still - just having that option makes me happy. :)

3 comments:

Sonya said...

dang... I just put a reply together and thanks to the new blogger upgrade (which I just finally made), it appears to be gone... WAHHH. Moving on...

I'm sorry you are housebound and it is cold outside! I'd be going bonkers. We are not very good stay at home people, especially on days where everyone has been home all day long.

Take MIL's car if you can and go to old mcd's and let the kids run.

momtothreeboys said...

Because you know - "It's not just your car, it's your Freedom" - thank you Ford (I think...)

Casey said...

Sonya: I ended up not going anywhere since the car didn't arrive until after I fed the kids. But you know, just having it in the driveway makes me feel so less "confined". :)

Ivy: Ford should got that one right! That is exactly what a car is: Freedom!!