Monday, November 07, 2005

Who Needs Her Anyway?

Who needs D to help me do things around the house like install a new shower head in one of the bathrooms?

I don't.

Which is a good thing since I rarely ever see her these days.

I've been bugging, begging and pleading for D to install the new shower head for a couple of weeks now (I don't know why but in our relationship she's always been the one to do things like that and I am all too happy to let her continue). We had a stationary, old style in the main bathroom and I wanted one that you can take down which would make rinsing the kids' hair much easier. I bought it a year ago and it's been sitting in a closet ever since.

I was beginning to think she would never take the initiative to just change it so I thought "What the heck - I'll try it. If it all goes horribly wrong (like it did in our bathroom when we did this same thing 3 years ago) then I can call someone in to fix it." So I got out the box, pliers and plumbers tape and went to work. I was done in 5 minutes. And it doesn't leak at all.

So....I ask again......who needs her????????


I do. *sigh*

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay, good for you Casey. It is always empowering to know you can do these things. I rarely do stuff like that either, I am more of a director than a labourer.

Shawna said...

More of a director than a labourer... that is funny Catherine!

Casey I am really proud of you!!! I can't even imagine where I would begin with something like that!

Laura said...

Casey, good for you!!!! But, honey I'm sorry it's so hard to get time with D.