Monday, November 28, 2005

QUICK! Someone stop me!!


I can't believe what I'm doing. Are you ready for this? I've almost eaten an *entire* box of Aplets and Cotlets. Seventeen down....seven more to go.

What is it with me? I have no self control AT ALL when it comes to these delicious little things. And the worse part? I think I have a slight allergy to walnuts because my tongue always swells a bit when I eat my beloved treat.

To my credit though (I have to find *some* redeeming thing for myself) I rarely have access to Aplets and Cotlets and the only reason I have them is because they were on sale for a heck of a deal this weekend when I was visiting my sister. Ah yes - I bought three boxes. Three guilt laden, amazingly tasty boxes. And so far, I haven't shared a single one. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit I have never heard of your beloved treats!

You'll have to try and save me one! :o)

Estelle said...

What the hell are they?

Sonya said...

Sounds yummy... but I've not heard of them.

Enjoy every last one of them and don't feel guilty!

Casey said...

For those wondering what they are....I stole this from their website. :)
*****************
Aplets & Cotlets
The blossom-fresh flavor of crisp Washington apples, the tangy goodness of ripe apricots, and the nutty richness of crunchy English walnuts have made our namesake Aplets & Cotlets our top sellers since 1920. We slow-simmer the ingredients together to condense the rich flavors, and bring a smooth, gently chewy texture to our candies that’s easy on the teeth and impossible to resist. We still do most everything by hand, just like when we first began making our famous candies, so you can taste the nostalgia in every bite. Our 8-oz. box contains 8 pieces each of Apple-Walnut and Apricot-Walnut candies.
************
I probably love them so much because I toured the place when I was a child and have eaten these things ever since. :)

But a note of caution: eating 18 in a two hour period before bedtime is not recommended. After that huge sugar dump, I slept horribly. That should teach me, right? Yeah - we'll see. :)

Kristen said...

Casey, Casey, Casey. You're allergic to your favorite treat? That is so sad.