Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's Official

The Holiday Season Has Begun!!

For me, the defining moment is when I purchase my first box of Queen Anne Dark Chocolate Codial Cherries. This year they have introduced a new flavor - Dark Chocolate Peppermint! Could life get any better? I think not!

On top of that, I purchased the big Santa gifts today and several other smaller ones as well. The princess is done as far as gifts - I just need to get a few little things for her stocking. The prince is almost done. I haven't even begun shopping for D yet.

So bring it on - I'm ready!

What is the one thing that signals to you that the holidays are officially underway?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me understand you...

...not only have you STARTED your Christmas shopping, but you are almost done it???

I'm so jealous!!!!

Catherine said...

Hmm. That is hard to answer. My Mom starts shopping in September and Use to start playing Christmas music in September. So, I have a weird concept of holidys. I guess, I would say the day after Halloween when the costumes go on sale, and the christmas decorations go up. We finished shopping for Robbie awhile ago, took advantage of a toy'r'us big sale last month. Now, we just have to shop for our families.

Shawna said...

You are SO ahead of the game!!! My word!

I am really excited, but the only thing "christmas" I've done yet is some digital scrapbooking!

Sonya said...

Unfortunately... the beginning of the holiday season is noted by various complicated discussions as to who's having what holiday when and where.

This year we have wisened up, hopefully, and will remain out of the loop on these negotiations. It is just too draining and spoiling of the holiday spirit!

Sonya said...

OH... and opening the mailbox to find it FULL, so full nothing else could fit, of catalogues and magazines pushing toys.