Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Much Needed Night Out

Last night was Moms Night Out for my MOMS Club and what a night it was! The best event, hands down, is our yearly Fondue Night which is held at the home of one of our members. Let's just say that the chocolate and cheese fondue wasn't the only things flowing last night. Beer, wine and other spirits were enjoyed freely as was good conversation, raunchy conversation and downright embarrassing conversation. It was a rockin' good time!

I was one of the very few who stayed sober and, as my reward, I remember everything that happened (take note, dear friends of mine! *evil grin*). I'm not a big drinker by any stretch and knowing that my day was going to be starting at the same old time and in the same old way and my night wakings would be just as frequent as always (babies just don't seem to care if you aren't feeling well or if you have had too much to drink) kept me drinking water all night. That's not to say I *never* drink....just not often. And not last night.

But others? Well....let's just say several of them "cut loose" from their "mommy persona's". I finally called it a night at 11:30 but these three friends of mine (plus their designated driver (good call, Brenda!) and the hostess) kept the party going until after 2AM! Now I have to say - the only time I'm ever up at 2AM is for a nursing session or a trip to the bathroom. Staying up that late ON PURPOSE with young children? No way - ain't happening! Just call me old. :)

I am sad that I missed out on those last hours. I hear it got even more out of control. Dancing, laughing, falling over.........sounds like fun to watch! :)

I hope that everyone is feeling ok by now. I know that two of the three had rough days today (the third was doing great when I talked with her this afternoon). Hang in there, girls.....you have a whole year to recuperate - unless we can talk Kyle into hosting a mid-year Fondue Night. :)


Just getting the party started!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Okay, seriously??? you remember EVERYTHING???

oh dear!

;)

I'm so glad you were there Casey! It was a great time! (well anyways, from what I can REMEMBER...)

Catherine said...

Casey, so glad you got out and had fun. It makes being a Mommy easier, when you have you time. I understand, I would not stay up until 2am either, but we are in the same sleep boat.

Anonymous said...

I'm like Shawna and I cringed when you wrote you remember everything.

:o)

The night is a little fuzzy for me, but I know a good time was had by all !!!

As moms, we need a night like this every so often!