Monday, November 14, 2005

The L-Word

So....in seven short days (actually six since we skipped a night) we managed to watch the entire 2nd season of The L-Word. What can I say except "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I need more. MORE!! Do you hear me???" It's so not fair. I wasn't ready. I wasn't prepared. We popped in the last disc to find that, instead of 4 hour long episodes, there was only one show on it. D and I just looked at each other in disbelief. How could they do this to us??

I wish I knew someone who had ShowTime who would tape each and every 3rd season episode for me (it begins in January) but alas, I don't. This means, of course, that I will have to remain in suspense for an entire year (providing they release the 3rd season around this time next year). So. Not. Fair.

The series is great - it's so nice to see our lives portrayed like normal people (ok - normal people who have WAAAAAY too much sex and say the F word waaaaay to much but still....). Does it matter to me that not all the actors are lesbians in real life? I'm shallow enough to say yes, it bothers me a little bit. And yet, I promise to get over it. :)

Shane. *sigh* What will I do without my daily fix of Shane? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't get showtime or I would tape it for you. Why don't you just order show time for the season? It can't cost that much right? Can't you add it to your channels for 10$ a month?

Cristin

Estelle said...

Honey you have issues. Why don't you just do as Cristin suggested and add it to your cable? Heck, it would be cheaper than buying it when it comes out on DVD.
I've only watched it once and hated it, so I've never seen it again. Unfortunately (well, I don't think so, but for you I suppose it is) I don't have showtime or I would just tape it for you.

Catherine said...

Okay, Casey, I am dying too know. Who is lesbian from the show and who isn't? I can't help with the taping in Canada we are still in Season 2.

Laura said...

Casey, I have Showtime (actually about 10 Showtimes). I'll tape it for you if you want.