Saturday, November 12, 2005

Proof that she just doesn't get it

I love this woman but sometimes I have to wonder about her.

Her sister and brother-in-law are out of town this weekend so we are tending to their animals (bird and cat). She went over this morning to feed them and then stayed to study. Sounds reasonable so far, yes? Sure - even I'll agree to that.

About 10 minutes ago we called to see how it was going and when we might be able to expect her (I knew it would be earlier than usual since she put in about 3 hours of studying yesterday). I'm eager for some relief - it's been a long week alone with the kids.

This is what I hear "I'm actually done but I'm trying to decide if I should come home now or wait about 2 more hours so that I can feed the animals before coming home. That way we don't have to go back tonight."


WHAT?????? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME????


Did she really and truly think that I wouldn't mind if she sat over there and watched TV alone for the next 2 or more HOURS??? Has she lost her mind or is she so completely blind to the fact that I need her help with the kids and that, God forbid, I need a break (not that I really get one but it's like a break in that I'm not the only parent here)? She's done studying and just hanging out??????

I absolutely do not get that line of thinking.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Casey that is SO funny!!! I love it!

Catherine said...

Oh, my God, I would be pissed too. I think you may understand my pet phrase about Karen, "You can not talk logic with the illogical"
I hope you had her come home.

Catherine said...

PS If she didn't come how. Is there any chance you need an albi?

Sonya said...

How about she come home and YOU go hang out, watch tv for a couple of hours, feed the animals, and return home when you are ready?

Sounds good to me :).