Thursday, November 17, 2005

Powder, Powder Everywhere

Oh yes - you read that right. I was checking email while the dogs ate their lunch and the princess played happily with the tupperware when suddenly I smelled an really nice scent wafting through the house.

"That's odd." I thought to myself, "It smells really nice - like lavender."

Suddenly alarm bells started going off in my head.

"Prince?" I inquired, "Where are you?"

"In the living room." came the response

"What is that I smell?"

"Nothing." He said.

Now I wasn't born yesterday. The boy has learned to fib and we are working hard and fast on the "You need to tell the truth. I still might be angry but I will be so much more angry if you don't tell the truth."

I said "Prince?? What is it?"

"Here. Smell me." he says as he pushes his tummy towards me.

"Yep - that's the smell. It smells good but it's really strong. How come?"

"You gonna be mad." he said and he started walking down the hall towards his room.

"Why will I be mad?"

"You see."

We swung open his door and there it was. Baby powder all over his carpeting.

He looks at me innocently and said "Whole house smells Mmmmmm good now!"

*sigh* "Please go get the Dust Buster."

4 comments:

Estelle said...

I imagine it looks similar to when a great dane, a saint bernard, an australian shepherd, and five cats find the 15 pounds of powdered sugar and the 10 pounds of flour you have out to start making christmas cookies the next day. Or maybe not. Either way, we're both lucky our houses didn't explode.

Shawna said...

LOL Casey, Gareth totally did the same thing a few years ago!

Oh man, it took FOREVER to get that powder cleaned up!

But everytime I vacummed for months it smelled like babies in that room.

Catherine said...

Too funny. oh my gosh you keep giving sneak peeks at what its like when your spirited baby is three. I better makes sure we have a good vacume.

Sonya said...

ROTFLMAO! I can smell it all the way over here. :)

Well, at least it will vacuum and smell good... for a very long time.

However, I still have vaseline on the walls that won't come off. Unfortunately there's no good smell accompanying vaseline. :)