Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Oy! It starts so soon!

"I want a pool table!"

Oh yes, that would be what my three year old just spent five minutes yelling. I kid you not.

He saw a commerical for Hanes where two guys are playing a game of pool and he says to me " Mama - I want a pool table for Christmas." I said "That would be fun but I don't think that will happen this year. We just don't have the room right now."

To which a full-force melt down took place.

I finally said "You're three. Three year olds don't get pool tables for Christmas. End of conversation."

Yeah - right. End of conversation for me. Not the end of the melt down for the prince.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That is too funny. I am sure he will forget about it today. Though, I would like to see how he would reach the table and handle the cue. I see that as Robbie gets older we will be arguing about more than turning Sesame Street off.

Estelle said...

Or you could tell him the pool tables often lead to barroom brawls and guys get their teeth kicked out...
okay... maybe not the best info for a three year old.

Sonya said...

I hope the tantrum has stopped by now!