Monday, July 25, 2005

YAWN!!

Oh my gosh - I'm so tired. So, so tired. It was a long night with not a lot of sleeping being done by the mamas. I have learned something very valuable about the princess; she sleeps so much better at night when she has drifted off to sleep by herself as opposed to walking/rocking/holding. Or at least, that has been the pattern and I'm holding onto that to keep my sanity.

Last night the princess was awake five times, three times to nurse and the prince was up three times. One time required a sheet change as his nighttime diaper had leaked all over the bed. Thankfully I have always doubled the sheets and waterproof pads on the kids mattresses so all that is necessary for middle of the night clean ups is removing the top sheet and pad and presto! Another set awaits. I highly recommend this method to all parents. It has saved us many times over the past three years.

Anyway - it was a rough night. It's 8:30AM, the prince and I have been up for 90 minutes and the princess is still sleeping. Lucky little girl. I'd give a lot to be snuggled under the blankets right now. With two kids there is no such thing as "sleep when the baby sleeps" - it just isn't possible. So not fair because it's definitely when a mommy needs the chance to sleep.

Anyone want to come over and watch two kids while I get a nap? :)

Oh - and before I forget...the person who came up with the idea of glitter paint for kids should be shot. Holy cow - you can never get all the glitter up. Not ever.

1 comment:

Estelle said...

Gosh babe I am exhausted too. And you know the really shitty part... I was up from about 3 am on this morning... and wishing I had a friend in England instead of WA to call... but hell, you were awake! Dammit!
I just drank gas station cappucino machine coffee and now am on a sugar high... I am so gonna regret this. I never did make it to Cracker Barrel. By the time Jeannie was ready I was too tired to move. So of course I called and left a voice mail at work saying I would be an hour late and took a 90 minute nap, which inevitably left me feeling worse than when I went to sleep. Crap.
Glitter paint is so evil. But that colored glue paint is worse. Stick that boy outside and tell him to paint a tree.