Friday, July 22, 2005

The Never Ending Laundry Saga

A friend of mine says she does one load of laundry a week. That's for her *and* her partner.....one load a week. A WEEK! How does that happen? I'm lucky if I only have one load a DAY to do. Today alone I have done four loads and this on a day I thought I wouldn't have to do a single one. HA! That's what happens when you have an infant sleeping on your bed and their diaper leaks...that means a load of sheets (luckily, she wasn't on the comforter) and a load of baby clothes because her swaddling blanket got soaked and she needs it for bedtime. And...at that point if you're in for a dime, you're in for a dollar so I did a dark load as well the the bath mats.

Never fear - there is still more waiting. The dog beds need washing, the floor blanket that the princess plays on top of needs washing and well as the sheets I took off the guest bed last week. By this time tomorrow there will be even more. I swear, we have a never ending supply of dirty and, now that the prince plays in the water on hot days, wet clothes.

How is it she only has one load a week? Someone help me do the math on this - it makes no sense. My comfort comes from the fact that she is expecting a baby any time now. And to that I say HA! The laundry? It's coming! :) :)

Yep - sadly, that makes me feel better about having a zillion loads a week to do.

Oh - and something very exciting happened today. I received my first ever text message! I know, I know - big whoop. But for me it was a thrill. Damn I need to get out more. :)

1 comment:

Estelle said...

Gee sweets if I knew it was that easy to excite you I would have been doing it before now.
Do you realize that, for the most part, your entire blog was about...well, me!
How do we do only one load a week? Well... we don't wash things after one wearing (panties only get one wearing, socks and bras are normally only one but sometimes can get pushed to two... and we NEVER wash jeans after once unless something really gross happened) and well, I guess technically we might do a load and a half a week because we normally change the bedsheets every week... actually the maids do that for us. Yes we are SO SPOILED that we have a MAID service come in twice a month to clean our house.
If it makes you feel better, in addition to the kid clothes laundry, we'll be washing diapers... and THAT is way worse than your dog beds and peed on sheets.

PS- Why don't you let the boy play naked in the water?