Sunday, July 24, 2005

"I might like it.....but I'm not sure."

"Wow! I might like it.....but I'm not sure." Not exactly the words of reassurance I was looking for today when I arrived home with a new haircut. The stylist called it "sassy" and said that D would probably hire a sitter and take me out for dinner. I'm no fool - I knew *that* wouldn't happen but I expected maybe something a little more comforting than what I got.

In her defense, my hairstyle is completely different. No two ways about that. It was shoulder length and now it's well...it's not. It's more at the nape of my neck - right at the hairline. It's short. Really, really short. Probably shorter than it's even been in my life. Short, short, short.

The weird thing though? I hardly notice the length, or lack thereof. But then, I rarely ever have the time to look in the mirror. I think this is a good change for the hot summer days and I know it will help with the hair pulling I've been getting from the princess. She has a vicious little pull - she's a strong little thing for only 5 months.

I asked D tonight what she thought of it now that's she's had a few hours to get used to it. She says she likes it now but that is sure is different. I guess that's good. I was going for different. :)

It's been a long and exhausting weekend. We finally finished painting and arranging the prince's room. It looks great - so calm and peaceful. Of course it helps that I've taken out many of the toys that were cluttering the place - I'm sure it won't last but at least it made me feel better today. The prince likes his room (though he is distressed that things are not where they were and that other things are missing. He is *very* attached to all things his. It's a challenge to sneak things away from him but I have to start doing that - there are just too many toys in this house. The prince went without a nap today and after all the excitement of yesterday he went to bed at 6:45PM. Thank goodness. He was the epitome of stubborn and out of control.

The big camp out went pretty well though they only made it until about 2:30AM. I heard them come through the sliding glass door in our bedroom and head off to the guest bed to finish out the night. D said that the prince actually fell asleep really easily outside (easy to believe since he was still up at 10:30PM and hadn't had a nap) but was restless as the night wore on. As far as the prince was concerned though - camping was a huge success and his opinion really is the only one that matters in this instance.

The tent is still up and I'm sure it will get more play time tomorrow. He just adores playing in it and what's the harm? The grass will always grow back in the fall. :)

The princess is fussing and doesn't seem to want to give in to sleep so I should go to her (though D is walking around trying to soothe her). She and I had a great play session tonight - I just love that she can interact so well.

More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check out your new "do". I'm sure it looks great!

Estelle said...

Well when do we get pictures?
I can't believe you went so short. Excellent! Mine is currently just below shoulder length, the longest is has been in well over five years. But I'll get tired of it soon and cut it all off. I do this every few years... think it will be nice to have long hair, go through the torture of growing it out, and then have a tantrum one day and chop it al off.
Glad the camp out went well... kinda. At least they didn't come jump on your bed or make you get up to do anything.
Tell D if she doesn't take you out to dinner I will!

Anonymous said...

I want to see too! I remember what it looked like when we met up last August. You've got me curious!