Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I need a 12-Step Program

Yep - you read the correctly. I need a 12-step program.

Hi, my name is Casey and I'm addicted to blogs. Any blog. Yours, mine a complete strangers....it doesn't matter. Just keep 'em coming.

What is it about blogs that entices me? It's almost like reading someone's diary. I get the same feeling in my tummy as I used to get when I'd sneak into my sister's room to read her journal. Sneaky. That's it - I feel sneaky....like I'm peeping into someone's life without their permission. Except I *have* their permission. They did, afterall, leave their personal thoughts wide open on the internet for all to see.

I find I can't walk by my computer without peeking into a few blogs....or at least one....to see if there are new posts. This is sucking away my time. I haven't read the paper in who knows how long (it arrives in the morning) because I now use my paper time to be on-line. High speed access is sucking my time!!!!! Maybe I should have stayed with dial-up. Maybe I'd still have a life outside of this screen.

Then again...maybe not. Maybe it would just take me longer to read all the blogs. :) I thought about going internet free for one day. Just one day. I started to panic....my head started to spin. I can't do it.

I need a 12-step program.

3 comments:

Estelle said...

Breathe darling breathe.
I feel the same way sometimes. But you know what really gets me? I *know* who visits mine... at least I know their IP addresses. But I don't know *them* and they normally don't comment... who ARE they?
I read your blog several times a day... and then you email me to tell me you wrote another one. Aren't they fabulous?
I got a reader from Scotland yesterday! Woo hoo! Scotland! I'm global!

Estelle said...

Ooooohhhh!!! Twelve steps!!! dial one, then the area code, then the number, then hit send. Twelve steps! I'm your therapy! I can save you!

em1__mak2 said...

Crazy is as crazy does. You want to see what passes for daily fun in my life, check out my latest post on my blog. 3 hours of Duplos and plastic hammers makes crazy of Mommy brains.