Thursday, July 14, 2005

Alone for a while

Ahhhh. The sweet sounds of......nothing. It's so quiet I can hear the hum of the air conditioning unit in the other room. No loud talking. No TV. No washing machine (which seems to always be running). No sounds of the baby swing rocking. No splashing in the pool. No sound of water running. Silence. Wow. I can almost hear myself think.

D, bless her, took the kids with her on an errand. They've been gone almost an hour and its been bliss. As much as I love those two little munchkins, I long for solitude. What errand, you ask? I'm not sure I completely understood all that she was saying - I think I stopped listening when she said "What would you think if I took the kids and went...." :) No need to go anything further. I'm in! No - I do know where they are. I'm not *that* sucky of a mom. They went to a friends house to pick up some Cyberwize stuff. Cyberwize is a business venture that D is involved in. Like we don't have enough going on, right? I know, I know. Just keep piling on the stuff...adding to the stress. Why not? That's why they invented anti-depressants. :)

Someday I'll go into more detail about Cyberwize. I don't have time now - I can hear the silence quickly coming to an end. The tick tock of the clock is growing louder. *sigh*

Why is it when I think about what I will write I have all these great topics to discuss. Great insight. Great questions. But when push comes to shove and I'm sitting in front of the keyboard my mind goes blank? I wonder if that means this experience shouldn't be thought out and well planned - at least not for me. Maybe I'm just supposed to do a brain dump to clear my head. Who knows. Truthfully, by the end of the day it's amazing that I can string words together to form a sentence or heck, even type words (mostly) correctly.

Before I go I want to share the sweetest thing about my day today. My little prince and princess were outside together, the princess lying on a blanket on the grass and the prince running around like the wild man he is when suddenly he stopped, walked over the the princess and laid down beside her. He took her hand and said "I love you, baby sister." and gave her a very gentle kiss. Then, faster than fast he was up and running around again. I tell you - it's those moments that keep this tired mommy pushing forward. Thank God for moments like that.

1 comment:

Estelle said...

Ahhh... KJ is such a good big brother. What a doll. I guess it's a good thing you kept him.