Thursday, July 14, 2005

Just another day in paradise

The kids are both sleeping - at least for the moment. I wish I knew a secret to getting them to stay asleep for the same duration of time. I should be doing so many other things and yet the computer is calling my name - in my mind I've been creating and recreating a post all morning but now, for the life of me, I have no clue what I was going to write about. Mommy brain is a wicked, wicked thing.

A friend of mine is anxiously awaiting the birth of their child. She's been on my mind most of the day as I can feel her anquish and frustration when I read her posts. I know her little one will arrive when s/he is good and ready but for her sake, I hope it's soon. I'm not sure how many more days of uncertainty she can stand. I remember those feelings well with my little guy was late. I remember wanting to smack people at work when they would say "Are you still here?" or "Hasn't that baby come yet?" or "Are you still pregnant?" (Ummm...no. I had the baby last night but thought I'd come to work anyway - I am *that* dedicated! Idiots.)

It's a nice day today. Not too warm yet but it should be in the 90's by Saturday. Ugh. Central air is not a huge thing around here and our house was built before it started to become "the thing". Needless to say, we don't have it and our house feels like a friggin' furnace by the second warm day. We have a window a/c unit in the livingroom which helps but I would love to have the whole house cooled. I am just way too miserable as the mercury climbs upward. The prince has already been out playing in the water and in his pool. That boy is a wild water child. No doubt about it.


The little princess is awake - I should go tend to her. I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Estelle said...

Oh I remember life without central A/C. In Wisconsin, we lived in a farm house built in the 1800s... no a/c and OMG could that place cook. I do NOT miss it!
Although, we hardly ever use ours here... yeah, even in the dead of summer. We keep it at about 82. And we never use the heat either... until the cats start crawling under the blankets.
We're still hanging out... still at four centimeters. Hopefully... someday... but hey, tomorrow is Harry Potter, so that's something to look forward to!