Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snow Morning

I woke up to snow this morning. Well - "morning" is relative. The text I sent to Stephanie to share the news of the winter wonderland was clocked in at 3:57am. And no, she didn't answer. Unlike me, she actually sleeps. :) I can't fault her for that.

Anyway - the world was still mostly white when the alarm went off at 6:45am. The cement was mushy but the gardens and grass were white, white, white! It's so strange for this time of year. More proof for me that the seasons are changing bit by bit. And the poor tulips and daffodils that are poking through the ground. I bet they were a bit cold.

School was scheduled as usual so our morning routine stayed intact. I have to say, it's kind of nice to have a burst of snow and to still get to have life as usual.

It was really snowy out where Stephanie lives and she had an appointment for her mom that she needed to get to this morning. Their school district was on a 2 hour delay so after my two were safely on the school bus, I headed out to hang out with Andrew. It was stunningly beautiful out there! The roads weren't bad - dicey right near their house but overall good. But the trees and the ground were covered in snow and it was still falling. Beautiful!

I was so absorbed in the beauty of it all that all thoughts flew from my mind. No worries about calling to make Kaylen's eye appointment, no worries about the laundry or dishes or std tests stamford ct. Just pure white beauty all around me.

I poured a cup of coffee and watched the snow falling to earth...and dreamed of the day when I won't have to drive out there to enjoy the snow because I will just "be" there.

Ah the future. Untold possibilities. And I love it.

No comments: