Monday, March 12, 2012

Recovery: Week Two

So far, so good.

I still have some VERY tender spots. Areas that pull if I try to lift a gallon of milk. I had an episode of major acid reflux Saturday night. I'm not sure if I should worry about that, or not. I see the doctor on Friday for my post op so I will ask then.

For the most part, pain medication is not necessary (you know, unless a girl child gets all silly and ends up kicking you *really* hard in the gut in her squirmy-ness) for which I am grateful. I enjoy having a clear head.

I have spent a great deal of time with Stephanie and, for her part, she is taking care of me as well as I will allow her. And I admit, I have gotten pretty good about listening and letting her do thigns for me. Not an easy thing for me to let people help. :) The kids and I were out at her house this weekend and I am very, very grateful for her help with them and her incredible kindness and love for me.

There wasn't a lot of time, over the past week, for reading things like ITIL Books, or chic-lit. Mostly, we have spent hours upon hours talking and planning for the future. I would share details and all but....oh who am I kidding? No I wouldn't. :) I will just say that talking with the woman you love is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than reading a book. :)

I'm still on a restricted activity level for this week but you know what? This week, instead of fighting against it, I think I will just enjoy it.

Because life is meant to be enjoyed. :)

1 comment:

lisa said...

Hi,

So happy for you...glad to hear your feeling better.

Cheers Lisa