Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well now.....

...I don't know about you, but I'm still here. The rapture thing? I'm betting there are a bunch of people feeling *very* awkward today. Can you imagine trying to get your job back after you quit because the rapture was coming? Ummm...not sure you'd have a lot of credibility there, And trying to find a new job in this market?
"Why did you leave your last position?"

"I was 100% sure the end of the world was upon us and I was prepared to go to heaven."

"Umm.......ok. Well...we'll call you. Thanks for coming in."

But anyway...here we are. May 22nd and the sun is shining and the world is spinning and the has been no signs of people ascending into the heavens. So I am going to have to assume it's business as usual. :)

I will throw this out there though. No matter your convictions or beliefs, I'm willing to bet that every single one of us had a moment of "What if he is right? I know he isn't...it's just crazy talk....but what if...?" A moment or two of anxiety. I know I did. I'll even fess up to more than a passing anxious moment. No, I didn't freak out or stock up or not pay the bills or anything crazy. I just had thoughts of "I'm not ready for life to be done."

And I'm not. You know, which is good and all. :)

I have things to do, people to see, places to go, love to give and receive, children to watch grown into adulthood. I have a lot to get done in the years I have left. I want the worry of having to look into life insurance for seniors when I am old enough to worry about that. (Hey now...easy on those jokes. I won't be ready for AARP for another 9 years. It is age 55, right?)

I want a full rest of my life. I want to be happy. To watch trees shed their leaves in the fall and grow new ones in the spring (if that isn't a miracle in and of itself, I don't know what is. Think about it. A few weeks ago the trees were bare and sad looking and now? Now they are full and green and amazing. It's so cool!). But most importantly, I want to watch my children grow into self-assured and happy adults.

I have a lot on my To Do list. I had no time to deal with a rapture. :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hate to break your bubble.....but you get aarp at the age of 50 not 55