Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, Monday

Monday has rolled around again. My kids, after spending the weekend with Dakota and Vicki, are back home and have already embarked on their weekly adventure: school. I can't believe the year is winding down. Where did it go? I remember school years lasting F.O.R.E.V.E.R. when I was a kid. This year has gone by in the blink of an eye. In just a few weeks time, my kindergartner will magically transform into a first grader and my third grader will poof into a fourth grader. A fourth grader? How? When? Why? Only two more years in elementary and then it's off to middle school. ACK! I just may cry thinking about it.

The kids and I went to a middle school play with my friend, Cande, and her two kids last week. Those kids are unbelievably grown up! Cande and I talked about how in one more year her oldest will be that age and in two years, Kelton will. Just shoot me now. The teen years are barreling down on my with the speed of a twister (and a sidenote that isn't really......the twister in Joplin, MO? Horrible! Heartbreaking! I have friends with friends and loved one there and I am sending out good wishes, love, and prayers to everyone.).

Soon, Kelton's days won't be filled with Cartoon Network, bike riding, Legos, pretend games of adventure or even drawing. Soon he will morph into a man-child who dreams of dirt biking, quad racing, and cars with polaris ranger power steering. It's all just a matter of time.

But for now, they are young and still look to me to solve all their problems, kiss their owies and hold them tight. And you know what? I'm loving every second of it.

No comments: