Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day is Coming

I'm not a huge fan of Valentines Day to start with but this year it feels especially cruel. I think this is the first year in ummmm.......all of my adult life that I have been alone and single.

Dakota and I never made a huge deal out of the day. Usually a card and red sprinkles atop the whipped cream in our coffee. Then the kids came and we started a tradition of getting them a small box of candy and a stuffed animal (because, you know, a thousand stuffed animals crammed into this house just aren't enough).

We would always say "We show our love for each other all year long. We don't need just one day."

Now though? Right now I would give a lot to have someone special whisk me away for a romantic weekend. Soaking in whirlpool tubs as I drank champagne and was pampered sounds really nice.

I had an amazing Valentines Day last year. It was nearly as perfect as I could have dreamed. I guess the memories of that one will have to carry me through.

No comments: