Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Rambling On About Nothing

I can't sleep. I was tired while I sat on the couch and watched TV but the second I turned out the light to sleep, my eyes popped wide open. What's up with that? Hardly seems fair, if you ask me. Not that anyone is asking.

I read a book today. I started to read it back in December (it was my self-assigned winter break reading) but I just couldn't get past the second chapter. It was good - I just couldn't focus and concentrate. This afternoon was early release for the kids so when they were doing their reading homework, I picked up the book and started reading.....and I couldn't put it down. I did, of course, to tend to various needs but I read and read and read and by 9:00 tonight, I had finished all 373 pages.

Do you have any idea when I last was able to focus and read a book from beginning to end? I'm going to take a wild guess and say at least 18 months. I have tried many times but I just couldn't get into anything. Focus was something I lacked as my thoughts jumped all over the place constantly. Honestly, I couldn't even handle reading magazines. I'd flip through them but reading them? Nope. Didn't happen. I recently tossed out 4 months worth of "O" and "Simple Living" because I couldn't stand having them on the table anymore and I knew I wasn't going to get to them.

So today was a huge accomplishment. But now? I guess maybe my head is making up for lost time because my thoughts are jumping and jumbled. All I really want to do is sleep. I guess I'll go give it a shot again.

Good night.

No comments: