Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Responsible Child

I don't want to jinx it and I don't want to seem like I'm bragging but.....

...this whole "teaching them to be more responsible" thing paid off today in a big, unexpected way.

First off, Kelton is feeling better but since he hasn't been fever free for 24 hours, he was still home from school today. When it was time to go pick up Kaylen, I left Kelton here (it's about 12-15 minutes and, in my parental opinion, he is old enough to handle that long). When I got back, he was unloading the dryer. He looked at me and said "The kitchen floor is wet, be careful."

My almost 9 year old son swept and mopped the kitchen floor, unloaded the dryer, folded AND put away laundry.

*THUD*

I am so darn proud of him! Way to go, Kelton!!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, awesome! And his future wife or husband will thank you for that. ;)

Shannon said...

Wow! That is amazing!

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome!!! Great job with your children :)

Bobbie from MI

Tanya said...

How nice!!! J likes to help, I should really get him to keep that up.

yankeegirl said...

WTG Casey! I have a almost 12 year old that could use some lessons, lol.

Jen said...

That's about the coolest thing ever! I'm so excited about that -- it makes me see that it might not be too far off for Miss A, either.

Was he scared at all, being alone in the house?