Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer-like Fun!

We've had a string of amazingly perfect summer-like weather. A bit warm, some might say, but given that we have air conditioning I'm ok with it being hot, hot, hot outside because I know I can cool down inside. Quite a difference from 4 years ago when I was stuck in the throes of hating the summer heat with a passion usually reserved peas. :) I can't thank the heavens enough for our radiant ceiling heat going out so we were forced to change our heating system and well....it was easy enough to add "cooling" to the system. YAY!!!! :)

Today is not nearly as nice outside. It's overcast and warm but the warm isn't warm enough to leave the sliding glass door open for the dogs to come and go at their pleasure. It's not warm enough to have the A/C on and it's not really warm enough for the short sleeves and capris I am wearing. To look outside one might think "Hmmm....a cloudly cold day in March."

But fear not; I have some summer-like photos to share that just may pull me out of my ho-hum state of mind. You just knew you could count on me for photos, didn't you? :)

Let's roll back to last week:

Photos of some of the cards and gift Dakota received for graduation. Check out the book my sister gave her:


Yeah - not really bar as in "big test to become a bar-certified attorney". More of a "mix me a drink, will ya?" I like the way my sister thinks! :)

Kaylen reminds me very much of Kelton when he was 4. She is totally into water balloons. The big difference is Kelton would get soaked and she is very careful not to get wet. In case you're wondering, Kelton STILL loves water balloons. :)





The week was very busy. There were bubbles to blow, a ceramic baby deer to carry around and ice cream to be eaten:




And of course, what is a hot day for if not splashing in the cool water of a pool?


Any guesses what happens after this photo (above) was taken?
You got it! Kaylen was dumped in, according to plan, but Kelton didn't anticipate his head getting dunked under as well. And that, my friends, is what they call karma! :)


There were trips in the Barbie car (which really brings to light how big they have gotten. I remember the first summer we had that car (a garage sale find for $40); Kelton was 3 and Kaylen was 5 months. I'll have to dig those photos up...and the ones I've taken each and every summer. I'm glad I did, too. What a great way to chart their growth. This is clearly the last summer for two in at one time. :)



We also had a trip to the mall to a Children's Festival which included the highlight of face painting!



And Sunday brought about our first family day in a week and more swimming time. This time it was in the bigger pool that we got to accommodate grown ups. As cute as the whale pool is, it just doesn't cut it for anyone above 7 years of age. :)





Kaylen stayed in the pool most of the afternoon and evening. She is definitely a water bug if ever there was one. She is more than ready for swimming lessons this summer, that's for sure. :)

So - all in all, a good week with tons of outside playing and even some reading time for me. I picked up a book on Sunday and made a sizable dent in it. I had hoped today's cloud would have burned off, making way for a sunny afternoon but the water droplets that have recently appeared on the leaves outside the door are saying otherwise.

Hopefully tomorrow.


2 comments:

Dakota said...

Fun post! Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

uh, where was that pool when we were there? Oh right... broken leg......