Monday, June 01, 2009

Really Cool Crocs


Ok - the story goes a bit like this:

My kids LOVE Crocs. As in L.O.V.E. They are the only shoes that Kaylen will wear and it's been like this since she was not yet two. Oh sure - she has other shoes. Shoes, in fact, that she willingly picked out with the promise of "I love them! I'll wear them! I promise!" And, to her credit she does wear them. Once or twice. Three times if I'm lucky. But Crocs? Those are reliable, comfy footwear for her.

And no kidding - she's been wearing the same pair for almost 2 years. Crocs are great because they cover two sizes. Hers are size 8/9 and they are still fitting fine. Starting to get small but fine overall. The tread though? Practically non-existent.

So it is time to buy her another pair. I thought to myself; "Self? Save money and watch eBay." So I did. And I had my eye on a perfect pair of purple ones, new with tags (the same color as a pair that Kelton has). I watched it for a couple days and then finally, with 8 minutes left to go...I placed my bid. I waited.....I hit refresh....I waited for more.

And then...like a bolt of lightning it hit me: I BID ON THE WRONG SIZE!!! Say it ain't so, Joe!

The seller had two pairs listed. One 10/11 and one 6/7. ARGH!!!!!!!

What could I do? I made the bid, the fate was sealed. I waited hoping one of the other two bidders would outbid me. They didn't....and I won...all for the low, low price of $9.05 plus $5 shipping. A serisouly great price for new Crocs. But a fat lot of good they will do me.

Ugh. Nothing like throwing money down the toilet.

So......I thought I would toss this out there; does anyone want to buy these very cute, durable and fantastic shoes from me? I don't have them yet but confirmation of their shipping has been received. :)

Please? Please someone? I will ship to you. Happily skipping to the post office. I'll even video tape the happy skipping. :)

Man I hate when I do dorky things. And the kicker is, I STILL don't have a pair for Kaylen. Ugh ugh ugh.

So? Help a mom out? :)

8 comments:

Audra said...

if they were adult, I'd take them LOL. could you re-sell them on ebay?

Have you looked at the outlet? Of course they aren't that cheap, but I got an awesome pair of disney ones for $17.99. They have tons of pink disney themed ones right now

You can use this code for free shipping too (kiosk09)

(side note, when I ordered my crocs, they charged me for shipping, but I emailed them, and they refunded me the shipping price within a day!)

Tribe Mama said...

Wish I could help, but my kid's feet are too big for those, and the new baby won't fit for a long, long time :)

I would Craigslist them!

Mimi said...

what size are they? Sophie LOVES them also.....she's 3 let me know might be a good present for Christmas.....

Unknown said...

I would love to buy them also, but my girls feet are too big for them also. I would buy them JUST to see you skip to the post office (even tho you wouldnt send them to me, hehe). Hope you get a buyer. Jeri

Casey said...

And I believe I have a buyer! Thanks Mimi! :)

And Jeri...I would have skipped from my car to your front door. :)

Mimi said...

yep you have a buyer but for the WRONG grandchild.....Sophie's foot tooo big but Lily's are just right......being a grandmother you forget how big they are....lol...thanks and Lily thanks you....

Monogram Queen said...

Madison has crocs but wears them grudgling..... I wish I could help you but i've done dumb eBay things too!

Unknown said...

Darn it! I wanna see you skip! Jeri