Monday, June 22, 2009

Seven Years Ago

Seven years ago today we packed up the U-Haul and our 10 week old baby boy and moved from the Seattle area to where we are today. Seven years ago tonight we spent the first night in this house.

Seven years. It's gone by unbelievably fast at times and painfully slow at others. Our lives have gone through transformations galore in the time that we have lived under this roof. We went from being brand new moms without a clue to being the well seasoned veterans of sleepless nights that we are. I have walked the hallway countless times trying to soothe crying babies or lull overtired babies to sleep.

We've had seven Christmas mornings filled with the happy squeals of children. The calendar has gone full circle seven times. Seven summers, seven springs, seven falls and seven winters.

And I've used the word "seven" so many times in this post that it has lost all meaning. I guess that is appropriate in some weird way because really? Does it so much matter that it's been seven years? Yes and no, I guess. I suppose I am just in awe at how quickly it has gone and yet when I look back over time I realize just how very much has happened in our lives in what is really just a short snip-it of time.

Time is fluid. And I am totally rambling. :) I just thought it was cool that today is the seven year anniversary of the move.....and I find myself a little thrown by how "new in town" I still feel.

Like I said - just rambling. Pay no attention to the overly tired person at the keyboard. :) Maybe the next time I post I'll make a little more sense....but then...maybe not. :)

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Good for you.....I don't know if I could move that far from my family and going to place of the unknown....your family is just great! here's to many more happy times in your home

Tanya said...

Seven is a good number :) May this 7th year bring much luck. I think it will be 10yrs for us in our house come Nov.

Jen said...

Yes -- maybe you're in for some luck!

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed with your ability to remember landmarks like this. You have a very organized brain!

Melanie said...

Time DOES fly, doesn't it? But it also has this magical ability to feel so incredibly SLOW at times. 7 years - what a milestone!! :)