Friday, June 26, 2009

A Little Story Told in Facebook Snip-its

As you can tell from the below listed Facebook updates, I've had my hands full the past few days. Well....more full because goodness knows my two keep them full enough right now.

Ready? Here we go!

Posted beginning at 7:15am yesterday morning:

Casey: is waiting for her 8 year old niece to arrive to spend the day. Wonder what the day will look like - I was counting on sun and well...according to the weather reports...not so much. :(


Casey: It's amazing what happens when you take 3 seemingly normal children and mix them together. The result? Utter chaos. Utter.

Casey: God bless the DVD industry. The kids are happily snuggled on the couch watching a movie. YES YES YES!

My niece was picked up at 2pm by her mom and then I raced out to pick up a babysitter for my two so I could go to a 3pm PTO planning meeting. I raced back from that at 6pm, took the babysitter home, raced home to be here in time for my niece coming back for a sleep over...and walked into a wall of stench.

Casey: Nothing screams welcome home more than a dog who has left a greeting card for you in the living room. I'm just saying. *GAG*

Casey: Ahhhhh! Blissful silence. Kaylen is sleeping and Kelton and his cousin are in bed reading books. I just poured myself an OJ and Malibu Rum...any guesses as to the day I've had?

This morning:

Casey: Up for fun today is my two kids plus TWO of their cousins! I'm hoping it will actually make it less crazy since both kids have someone their own age to play with. So far - I haven't lost my mind yet so I consider this a win-win. That said - it's still early in the morning. Plenty of time left for going crazy. :)

Casey: So far we're off to a great start. Three kids are happily painting pictures while seated at the patio table and one child is singing happy songs while she swings.

Casey: More is definitely less when it comes to these kids. With 4 instead of 3 I have less chaos, less unhappy screaming, less of almost everything except food. Not to say it's drama-free cuz it is sooooo not but definitely better than yesterday.

My nieces will be leaving in the next hour and then I have a few hours to chill, get to the store to pick up some stuff including birthday flowers, balloons and a card for Dakota's sister. Then it will be off to a family gathering (sans the "head in her books" Dakota) for a bit before coming home and getting kids bathed and in bed. I'm sure between now and then there will be more updates to post. :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Good Lord! What a past couple of days, indeed. Can't wait to hear how your Saturday and Sunday went!

SJayneI said...

I'm on FaceBook; add me.....Stephanie Ingersoll.