Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

It's been a long week. It seems like Friday but alas, it's only Thursday. The weather isn't helping. Tuesday was beautiful - sunny and warm and bright and I spent a good chunk of it sitting on the deck at a friend's house watching our children play while the moms drank cold coffee drinks and ate tasty treats. That was a good day.

The rest of the days have been dark and overcast and so winter-like. Not warm enough for summer clothes but too warm for winter clothes and yet - it *looks* like sweater weather out there.

Where are you sunshine? Where oh where are you?

Yes, I know. Soon enough I will be griping about how hot it is but for now? I'm ready for the happy feelings that sunshine brings. :)

Not that I'm ready for swimsuit weather but then I'm pretty sure even the the best diet pills in the world wouldn't get me ready by the time the sun comes out of its hiding place.

So what have I been doing to pass the time this week? Well - resist it though I tried, I have gotten sucked into Farm Town on Facebook. I've been receiving all the invites for months now to be a neighbor and I've seen the gifts that roll through my account but I've hit "ignore" for it all (except once which is what gave me a farm to start with). I didn't know what it was and I didn't want yet another reason to be sitting in this chair staring at the screen. I have enough of those reasons already. :) But....a friend of mine was talking all about it and then another friend started talking about it and then I started seeing all these status updates about it and the other day when Farm Town went down - there was panic among the masses! I was humored by it and even poked my fair share of fun at people but then.....oh but then.

Feel free to poke fun at me, too.

I have my farm up and going, my crops are growing and I have a nice fenced in area for the animals that are arriving. I'm dreaming and scheming on how I can get 70,000 coins to buy myself a house. And then a dog house. Maybe a pond.

Oh for crying out loud. I KNOW how ridiculous this sounds but here I am. And in some weird twisted way, it's fun. Part of me screams "What is wrong with you? You have enough things in real life to tend to! This is crazy!" and the other part says "Lighten up - it's just a game. So what if I don't make it back to harvest in time." And then another part screams even louder still "You CANNOT let your crops die! YOU MUST GET THE HOUSE!"

It's very confusing to have so many parts vying for attention. :)

I'd write more but I'm afraid I have to go check my grapes now. They grow in a mere 4 hours and then they have to be harvested or they die. I just can't fail at my farming duties....at least, not yet. :)


**Note: This is NOT my farm but it gives you an idea of what they look like. Mine is not where near this cool yet. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is me, poking fun.

Unknown said...

Haha, cute post! I need to sign up for Farm Town Anonymous. Im definately not poking fun at you, since I am the one who got you started, by seeing my lovely farm ;) Jeri

Melanie said...

Uh............. POKE!!!