Monday, June 08, 2009

Summer-like Weather? Not so much!

Kaylen saw the sun shining for a brief moment in time today and excitedly asked if I would set up her pool. I had my doubts so I checked the weather which said it would be "mostly sunny with highs in the mid 70's". Decent enough, right?

I got the pool ready and filled it up.

And then......the clouds started rolling in. It is so not "mostly sunny". It didn't bother Kaylen, who insisted she needed sunscreen (oh really? Yeah - not so much. An umbrella maybe...but not sunscreen for the 15 minutes she was going to be out there.). She changed into her swimming suit and climbed in.

She stayed in longer than 15 minutes but not more than 25. Personally? I don't know how she made it that long at all. Brrrrrr!

I took this photo (above) and then not even a minute later took the next one (below). Look at those clouds!!

A new skill. She can cross her fingers! :)
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lielanie said...

When we lived with my Aunt we would fill the kiddie pool with hot water, the girls loved it. I agree our weather is really not pretty lately.

Kristen said...

kids seem to have no problem with the cold water-IF it is on their terms. Audrey jumps in her pool no problem as its filling from the chilly hose. Me- not so much.

Melanie said...

She's being smart with the sunscreen, Mommy. Remember, those rays penetrate even cloudy weather!