Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Feel that? It's cool air blowing. The only thing I have to say about the heat pump is "Why on earth did it take us so long to do this?" What a difference it makes.

We're still futzing with the temperature. I'm sure we'll find out nitch soon but for those of you with a/c, I'm wondering if you'd share what degree(s) you have your thermostat set. Does this setting change for day vs night or do you leave it consistent? If it changes, what time of evening does to change?

I am SO loving being cool. It makes going outside in the heat much more enjoyable because I know that once I am hot and sweaty I'll be able to walk inside and cool down immediately.

Freedom! There is a lot of freedom to be had when you have air conditioning.

Oh - and laundry....well..it seems decadent to have laundry running at any old time of the day or evening. It removes a great deal of stress form my life as I no longer need to figure out who to get laundry done when the temps will be in the 90's.

Coming up: We went to "A Day Out With Thomas" yesterday. Photos and details to follow as soon as I have time to put it all together. :)

PS...keep reading: Another new post is below.

3 comments:

Gandksmom said...

We have central air (which let me tell you, I never really had to turn on till the ovaries came out) and we leave it on about 74 during the day and 71 at night sometimes cooler because our upstairs gets really warm during the day and again, no ovaries means one hot mama! We also have ceiling fans in almost every room that we run. 2 in the family room , one in the kitchen and one in each bedroom. That helps too!

Lois said...

We have central air and also two zones, upstairs and down. So, basically we have the place where we aren't, the upstairs during the day at 76 and the night down stairs at 76. The place where we are is at about 74 or sometime 72 if I win. I think that the upstairs is often cooler then the 74 because the thermometer is in the hall away from the vents that blow the air. I should check it with a themometer sometime. Also, I'd say invest in a good thermostat so once you figure out which temps work for you you can set it and leave it that way. Ours does sleep, wake, return, night.

Sonya said...

YAY for cool air!!!

We used to have ours programmed to change temps for morning, day, evening, and night. But since Carie has been staying home we pretty much leave it set on 74. Sometimes it gets bumped down to 72.

We used to (before kids) love it set at 70 as our preferred temp. I especially love it cool when I sleep. The girls are finally sleeping under covers so once we get Spencer to sleep covered up I'm hoping to drop the temp more at night for better sleeping.