Friday, February 01, 2008

Tax Time

Has everyone else received all the forms and data they need to do their taxes? I dare say that we have not. Yesterday, finally, we received the W-2 from Dakota's job and I know the mortgage paperwork came in as well as the various forms for the student loans. What am I missing? The 1090's for the freelance work Dakota and I have been doing. I wonder if others are waiting for theirs. I guess I can take screen shots from the account pages and use those but I really thought we would have received official 1090's like we were told. Interesting.

I need to get to work on the taxes. I usually spend Presidents Day weekend working on them but this year, I'd like to have them done sooner if possible. I have so many things hanging over my head (like the bills I should have sat down and paid last weekend (nothing due yet so I'm still ok - I just need to get it done). Sometimes it feels bit overwhelming how much needs to get done. One step at a time though - just one step, one thing....it will all come together. Eventually. And definitely before April 15th.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Based on my "other life" experiences, all W-2, 5498, 1098 and 1099 tax info has to be postmarked by January 31. So, give any missing items a few more mail days to see if they appear. If not, I'd give the company a call. Taxes are SO much fun! :(