Friday, February 01, 2008

Sick Kid

As if things weren't hectic enough around here, last night around 12:30 I woke to the sounds of Kelton yelling for me. He had thrown up all over the bathroom floor. Lovely. We were up with him for a bit and then I headed to bed in Kaylen's room while Dakota settled Kelton into our bed with her.

I heard them up again around 5AM but mostly it was the dry heaves. Poor kid.

Dakota set her alarm for 7AM and we tried to sleep until then. I had an 8:30 cleaning appointment this morning and Dkaota's mom was planning to come over, get Kelton on the school bus and then hang out with Kaylen until I returned. The dental appointments were hard to get and have been on our calendar for a couple of months. It was decided that Dakota would stay home in the morning and we would cancel with her Mom. At 7, I got up and got ready, called Dakota's mom, called the school to let them know Kelton wouldn't be there and then sent an email to his teacher saying I would swing by on my way back from my dental appointment to pick up the weekend homework.

I went to my appointment (and will go back tomorrow to have a filling replaced - oh joy!) and stopped in at the school as promised. Kelton's teacher said that over half the class was out sick today and that she wasn't feeling all that well either and was trying to decide about calling in a sub for the afternoon. No more wondering where he picked up his bug - I just hope the rest of us can ward it off. I have my big MRI appointment Monday morning and I *can't* be sick. And Kaylen being sick - well, that just goes without saying. We don't want that.

Dakota left for work after I got back home (Kelton's upper GI stuff had moved to lower GI which I hope is encouraging for him getting over this quickly). She can't afford to catch this either - not with needing to study and all. I don't know what class(es) she is planning to work on tomorrow (probably not Phase I environmental) but I do know that she needs to feel good and be rested to make the most of her study time.

So here is hoping that whatever bug Kelton has is short lived and that the rest of us stay germ free. Please, please, please let us stay germ-free!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

YIKES! That explains some "southerly" explosions around here. I'll make sure it stays here. I think we're out of the woods as it's been mild and infrequent ... fingers crossed! Hope everyone feels better VERY soon.

Shannon said...

Oh no! That has really been going around. I really hope the rest of you stay healthy - sounds like it's a bad time for anyone in your family to be sick!

Julie said...

That's the worst isn't it? I hope, hope, hope you guys stay healthy and I hope Kelton is feeling better very soon!

Froggymama said...

There have been the nastiest bugs going around here too! We use a ton of anti-bacterial gel. Because we have to be so careful of Froggy, everytime we leave the park, grocery store, anywhere I slather her in it. It seems to work most of the time. We also keep it around the house and if one of us is sick, we use it every hour or so, as not to expose Froggy. :) Hope he feels better soon. Poor guy.

Stacey said...

Sorry he's sick. I hope he's over it quickly and no one else in the house gets it. Ugh.

AudreyO said...

Winter has hit hard with bugs and viruses. Hope he's feeling better soon.

SassyFemme said...

Here's hoping everyone else stays okay.

Friends of ours got a stomach bug that was so severe it landed both of them in the ER within 12 hours of getting sick.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh gosh I feel for poor Kelton. Poor guy.