Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The House - Day 2

It's coming along....



I think my favorite part of this nutty, wild and incredibly noisy day was when the kids took their toy tools outside and began fixing the play house and play structure. So, so cute!!



My least favorite part of the day was when the guys accidentally cut through the wiring for the living room. For some strange reason, instead of the wiring being on the inside part of the wall (closest to the inside of the house) it was between the outside siding and the insulation so when they cut through the siding to remove the rotting area, they sliced right through the wire. The all important wire also gave electricity to, among other things, the television set, DVD and DVR so we were without TV from 9:30 this morning until 5:00 tonight. I'm here to tell you - that is a long, long time. Like a lot of moms, the TV provides breaks for us when we need it and there are a few times during any given day that we need it. I'm so glad it's back! :)

9 comments:

Sheri said...

The house is really coming together--I love the color!

Brenda said...

Adorable pictures of the kids.

I'm sorry to hear about the cut wire! It seems like an odd place to put it.

Julie said...

That's a bummer about the wires! It looks like the house is really coming along! I bet it's going to look great.

Audra said...

YIKES. I would die without the cable.

Unknown said...

The house is looking awesome! Great choice.

Mimi said...

What kind of tree is in the front of your house??? Cute.....

Monogram Queen said...

It looks great! The kids are doing great on their renovations too!

Lynilu said...

Aw, heck that little wire coulda been fixed with a little black tape!! LOL!!

But cool about the kids! How wonderful it is to watch children make their games up!!

Jen said...

I had a lot of company as I was reading this post, and I have to share that Athena was VERY concerned with whether Kelton is allowed to be on top of the play house. And Jason shares my sympathies with you over the loss of your tv and cable.