Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday? Already?

Another weekend has all but disappeared. Amazing how fast it goes. Tomorrow is Presidents Day so Kelton will be home from school and Dakota will be home from work. Since Dakota attends a private school she will have classes tomorrow night - which kinda sucks. Ok - more than kinda. But hey - at least this semester she doesn't have a Monday day class so at least we have her with us for a good portion of the day. :)

It was a beautiful day here today - quite spring like. And thanks to no rain we were finally able to take down the Christmas lights. Yes, I know it's the 17th of February but we only have one day in a week that we can get it done and it's been either raining or too cold/icy to be on the roof so......that's the way it goes. I'm happy to report that we are *not* the last people on the block to take down our lights though several people did get them down yesterday which was also a fairly decent day weather-wise.

The kids loved being outside and I have to admit, the taste of sunshine and blue sky left me wishing spring wasn't quite so far away. I've always loved winter - and I still do - but I'm eager to see the yard come back to life and to get outside. Watching Kaylen navigate around the play structure this weekend was a little surreal. She was so little last year when Dakota built it and we had to be out there to help her whenever she wanted to play. She couldn't even climb up the ladders by herself. This year she just ran over to it, climbs up on the swing or slide platform all my herself. I need to take some photos for some side by side comparisons. She's such a big girl now - and oh so much fun! And Kelton - oh my! I do believe he is a bigger daredevil this year than last. I swear he is going to give me a heart attack when he stands up on his double swing while it's swinging as high as it possibly can. Kelton isn't a huge outside kid but I think it's fair to say that even he was glad for some outside play time.

It won't be long before we drag out and set up the tent. I can't wait to listen to them play "camping" or to fight imaginary Cogs (thanks to the ToonTown Online game, playing Toons and Cogs is a daily occurrence around here). Maybe they will remember to take the rechargeable flashlight and go on a bear hunt like they did last year.

Oh my. I think I may have spring fever. Too bad the rains are expected to return tomorrow. *sigh*

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Ahhh, yes, it was a GREAT day to get outside for a walk ... and a GREAT way to wear a little one out for a MUCH NEEDED nap (sanity reigned from 3-5pm). Glad you got out to enjoy the sunshine, too!

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for some good outside time. Madison is always pestering me to go outside. I have enjoyed having President's Day off so much!