Thursday, February 21, 2008

Everyday Craziness

It's been a pretty rough week with the kids in my life. I'm not sure why exactly but they have both been extremely challenging. Tonight Kelton said "Hey Mom - we had a really good day today!" which is sad because it wasn't a great day by a long shot - it just wasn't nearly as awful as the days earlier in the week. *sigh* Better, yes but great? We can definitely do better than this.

Next week ought to be interesting. We are having vinyl siding material delivered sometime on Monday and work on the house starts bright and early Tuesday morning (that was the saga I had written about yesterday that failed to post. We have LP siding from the late 70's that is failing and must be replaced.). The guy I talked with thinks they will be done by Thursday (which is playgroup day and it is my turn to host. That should be on the interesting side.). Hmmm...the guy we filled out the paperwork with said five days but this guy seems confident that three will be enough. Time will tell. It sucks that we have to replace the siding but since we do, Dakota and I have been a bit excited over the end result. It's going to look so much different than it does now. And BONUS! We'll never have to worry about painting, etc again! :) (Well...after I repaint the gutters, that is.)

Tomorrow the kids have dental appointments. Joy. It completely slipped my mind today when I called the place that worked on our dryer yesterday to schedule a call back to fix a noise it wasn't making *before* they came out to fix the noise it *was* making. They had called and confirmed while I was making dinner - between 12-2. Perfect! Then later, as I went to write it on the calendar I saw the dental appointments; 1:30 and 2:00. Dang! I called to reschedule the dryer guy. Umm.,....yeah, he'll be out sometime next Wednesday. Morning, I said. They said "We'll see what we can do." Better be morning. I have afternoon plans that I am committed to and cannot (and will not) change. When they call to confirm I'll just have to reschedule to *next Friday* if they can't meet my scheduling needs. But really? I think they should go out of their way since I already went out of MY way for the original visit. Grrrrr. It's not *my* fault there is a new rattle-y noise.

I swear to you - my calendar is busier now than it ever was when I was working (and it was plenty busy then!). I feel like I am going every which way. Nutty.

But before I go - I'll leave you with a few photos of Miss Kaylen. We had a tea party again this morning and it was a photo op just begging to be had. :)


The hostess and her party guests.


Checking to be sure "Nature" (her puppy. She named it.) is happy.


Pouring "tea" for the Barbie Doll. She ran out of tea cups so a baking dish had to do. :)


Checking to see that Barbie had everything she needed.


My darling girl.


And......

I just *had* to share this one. It was taken yesterday. She is quite the fashion statement, no? She found the swim diapers in her closet (she doesn't need them anymore) and decided she should wear them because "D'ey have Nemo on 'dem. " So...a turleneck sweater shirt, snow boots and a Nemo swim diaper. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! :) And no, it wasn't all that warm. I think it was about 61 degrees. Silly girl! :)


7 comments:

Froggymama said...

Great photos. Froggy and Kaylen would have a ball together!

Mimi said...

Don't forget to take before and after pictures of your house....and if you think your calendar is full now wait until BOTH of your children have to be at the same place and the same time....been there done that

Audra said...

her little tea parties are so cute!

Monogram Queen said...

That girl has a fashion all her own! Too cute!

SassyFemme said...

That last picture will be great for blackmail when she's a teenager! :)

Brenda said...

Love the pictures! That last one is a keeper! ;o)

Julie said...

If you like the company that replaces your siding please let me know who it is so I can pass on the info to my sister. She's buying a house that will be needing to have the siding replaced. Thanks!