Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The House - Day 1

The re-siding began this morning at 7:30AM and I cannot believe how much they got done in just one day. They started int he back so from the front it's difficult to tell what is really taking place but the back is looking amazing!

I love, love, love the colors we chose. And without meaning to (as in conscious decision) we managed to pick trim color that is exactly the same color as the frames around the windows and doors. Yay us! :) It really gives it a nice look.

They will be back, bright and early, at 7:00AM tomorrow to work some more.


The gable area is what the house looked like before we started.


This is the insulation that they wrap around the old siding and then the new siding goes on top. (All the rotting areas are removed and replaced with new lumber and then the insulation and new siding go on the area.) I took this photo (above) and then a couple hours later I tool the one below of the exact same area. Amazing!

10 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oooouuuu. That looks great! Don't you love getting a face lift? LOL!

Perrin said...

Good luck with the big project. YOur house will look great.

Sheri said...

I can't wait to see how it looks on Thurs! Will I even recognize your house? Better leave your car in the driveway ... just to be sure. :-)

Mimi said...

You're going to think you moved to a new place!!!!!

Audra said...

pretty!

Shannon said...

Very nice!

Brenda said...

Wow! It looks amazing! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE house projects. Looks wonderful. I asked my husband a few years back to paint our shutters and when he finally did it made all the difference! Good luck with the rest.

Heidi

Caroline said...

Your house looks great. I can't wait to see the front. I always get so stressed out when doing home improvements...but I am a wimp. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Oh wow it really is awesome!